suspicious package on train


So I'm investigating a suspicious "briefcase" left on a subway station platform. What makes it suspicious? I have no idea except that someone abandoned it and continued on his commute leaving it behind. But as long as you "See something, say something" I guess the world's a better place...

Anyway, as two patrolmen scramble up and down the outdoor platform looking behind beams and under benches for said suspicious package, I notice and overly nosy Mother/Daughter team follwing my every move to the exclusion of their idle chatter. Glancing quickly, I notice the daughter is wearing a cut off NYPD t shirt. So I squeeze up between the two of them, stepping in front of the groupie with my back to mom and entertain the daughter...

"Excuse me," I say. "Did you happen to notice a tall Russian woman wearing a black blazer, black pants, and abnormally large sunglasses? She's also carrying a subway sandwich bag with a poorly made sandwich in it?"

As usual I'm choking back the smile as I perfectly describe her mother standing only inches behind me, yet still out of mom's earshot. (I strive to get better at keeping a straight face while engaging the public, but I'm terrible at it.)
"No, But i will keep a look out for it" she eagerly replies.

"Thank you very much, and thank you for your support!"

As usual, the "suspicious" package was picked up off the platform and made its way home safely with its rightful owner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quarter Century Of Swimming With The Coney Island Polar Bear Club

Should Neighborhood Watch Groups Be Armed?

Betting the Kentucky Derby in Uniform